- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk oil and sugar together, then add the egg and vanilla and whisk together with the oil-sugar.
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a bowl and add to the wet. The very last thing added is the Dark Chocolate Chips.
- When the cookies have fully cooled, take a scoop of your favorite ice cream and “sandwich” it between two cookies. Open wide, and enjoy.
- *We also added cinnamon chips, which were incredible!
- **We also did White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry cookies. This can be done by substituting out the chocolate chips, omitting the cocoa powder, and adding cranberries, almonds, walnuts, the traditional macadamia nuts, or dried oranges. They’re your cookies! If you think it’d be delicious, GO WITH IT.
NotesThis was done on the last day by request of a student (no surprises there) as a fun, quick, and easy to do treat before the summer sendoff.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More