CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (can use dark chocolate), broke into large pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Melt chocolates and 1/2 stick butter (in microwave).
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
Beat 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Mix in chocolate mixture, beating only until combined.
Stir in flour mixture, only until combined.
Chill for 1 hour.
Dip out with an ice cream scoop (I use a 4 teaspoon cookie dipper) onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake 1 sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Do not over bake.
Cool 2 minutes on pan before moving to cooling racks.