- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (can use dark chocolate), broke into large pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt chocolates and 1/2 stick butter (in microwave).
- Cool briefly.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- Beat 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Mix in chocolate mixture, beating only until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture, only until combined.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Dip out with an ice cream scoop (I use a 4 teaspoon cookie dipper) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan before moving to cooling racks.
NotesThese cookies taste like the corner of the brownie pan, but in controlled portions!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More