- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (can use dark chocolate), broke into large pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt chocolates and 1/2 stick butter (in microwave).
- Cool briefly.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- Beat 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the consistency of wet sand.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Mix in chocolate mixture, beating only until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture, only until combined.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Dip out with an ice cream scoop (I use a 4 teaspoon cookie dipper) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 9 to 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan before moving to cooling racks.
NotesThese cookies taste like the corner of the brownie pan, but in controlled portions!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More