- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 24 Double Stuffed Oreos
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 ounce paraffin, chopped (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tube red (clear) gel icing
- 1 tube green (clear) gel icing
- Carefully twist Oreo cookies apart. Set aside the ones with the cream filling on them; save plain halves for another use.
- In microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Holding cherry by stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss.
- Place cherry and kiss onto the cream filling of the cookie. Let stem extend over the edge.
- Make ears for your mouse by placing sliced almonds between the cherry and the kiss (before the chocolate sets).
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate sets.
- With green decorative gel, pipe holly leaves on white cream of cookie by the mouse.
- Pipe holly berries between the leaves with the red gel.
- Pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- TIPS: I used Almond Bark instead of the chocolate chips and eliminated the need for shortening.
- Maraschino cherries need to have stems and be well-drained.
- Keep chocolate hot by putting in a bowl over a steaming pan of water.
- I used a teapot, took the lid off and placed my bowl over it after melting chocolate in microwave.
- You can use a clean eyebrow tweezer or something else to grasp the cherries by the stems to dunk in chocolate.
- Make extras because everyone at your party will want one to take home to show around and to use as a pattern to make their own!
NotesThese use Chocloate Cherry Mice(recipe previously posted).
These are easy to make and a great project to do with children. No baking required, just use Hershey's chocolate kisses, double stuffed Oreos, maraschino cherries and chocolate chips to "build" your Christmas mice!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More