- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a wonderfully decadent dessert that is easy to make and will certainly impress!!
The recipe will make 2 servings, but can be easily doubled.
Most stores carry Kings Hawaiian sweet bread in their bakery sections. Portuguese sweet bread would also work well in this recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed Hawaiian sweet bread
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove bread from oven; decrease oven temperature to 325°.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through egg) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add bread, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Divide half of bread mixture evenly between 2 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with half of chocolate.
- Divide remaining bread mixture between ramekins; top with remaining chocolate.
- Place ramekins in an 8-inch square baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve each pudding warm with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.