- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks butter
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- Chocolate chunks for garnish (optional)
- Rum Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 (16 oz.) package powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 2 tbsp. milk
- To Prepare Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add cocoa and stir until well blended. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt. Do not over beat. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool in pan or on wire rack. Frost with buttercream frosting and garnish with chocolate chunks if you desire (note: I used cocoa powder, but you could also use chocolate shavings).
- Rum Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar alternately with rum and milk until smooth and spreadable.
NotesI found this one while looking through my mom's (rather old) collection of recipes that she had torn out of magazines or scribbled down on scratch paper. These brownies are very good, but be warned, they are also quite sweet. If you really like the flavor of rum (I do!) you can increase the amount to your liking, substituting more rum for the milk in the frosting recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More