- Cooking Time: 12 to 13
- Servings: 28
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine -- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Baker's German's Sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Cut up chocolate into chunks or just use 8 ounces purchased chocolate chunks.
- Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour with baking soda and salt; blend into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chunks, nuts and coconut.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop dough 2 inches apart form heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets (dough will spread during baking).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Watch carefully to avoid overbaking on bottoms. Let cool 2 minutes; remove from sheets and let cool completely on wire rack.
NotesThis recipe was in the Detroit News last fall and I tried it this summer. I have baked it several times and it is a big hit. I made a sample batch for
my husband's office to taste test before I entered it in a fair. They declared it a winner. Well, I entered it in the Ionia Free fair and it won
grand champion cookie! This recipe doesn't make many - the recipe said 2 dozen but I usually get about 28.