CHOCOLATE CHUNK PECAN COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: about 44 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20
- -1 1/2 c softened butter
- -1 1/4 c sugar
- -1 1/4 c brown sugar
- -1 Tbsp vanilla
- -2 eggs
- -4 c flour
- -2 tsp baking soda
- -1 tsp salt
- -1 (24-oz) pkg semisweet chocolate chunks
- -16-24 oz chopped pecans or pecan halves (optional)
- -Preheat oven to 350
- -Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs with mixer until well blended
- -In seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt
- -Mix flour mixture into butter mixture, adding in 3-4 small batches and blending after each. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula to ensure even mixing.
- -Fold chocolate chunks and pecans into mix
- -Drop by rounded heaping Tbsps onto ungreased cookie sheet
- -Bake each sheet about 12 minutes, removing when cookies are light brown and still just moist. Longer baking will result in crispier, darker cookies. Remember they will continue to bake once you remove them from the oven.
- -Cool a few minutes on the sheet, remove the cookies from sheet and cool completely on rack
NotesA high school teacher of mine brought these cookies as a treat for our class and I HAD to get the recipe. Classic cookies- chewy, salty, nutty, and absolutely delicious. These cookies are much more balanced with the pecans, but you can leave them out if you're baking for people with allergies- I usually do one round of 8-12 cookies without nuts and then add the pecans for the remaining cookies so everyone can enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More