- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups hot water
- Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square glass baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and 4 tablespoons cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes, then serve. Use the chocolate sauce in the bottom of the pan to spoon over servings. Garnish, if desired, with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Perfect for a cool summer dessert or save it for fall and winter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More