- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Melt butter in 13x9 pan or dish at 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, 3/4c sugar, pecans, 1-1/2T cocoa, milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spoon over melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa together and sprinkle back and forth over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Pour boiling water over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Cool somewhat. Best if served warm!
- Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
NotesI have seen this recipe many times and finally made it! The ingredients didn't seem to me that it should go in a 13x9 pan so I used a 11x8 and it was the perfect size! 13x9 would of been to big! If you are feeding more than 5 people, I would make 2 of them! Recipe from deweydecimal (Taste Of Home). Photo by me!
Decadent Desserts Made From
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More