- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Melt butter in 13x9 pan or dish at 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, 3/4c sugar, pecans, 1-1/2T cocoa, milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spoon over melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa together and sprinkle back and forth over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Pour boiling water over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Cool somewhat. Best if served warm!
- Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
NotesI have seen this recipe many times and finally made it! The ingredients didn't seem to me that it should go in a 13x9 pan so I used a 11x8 and it was the perfect size! 13x9 would of been to big! If you are feeding more than 5 people, I would make 2 of them! Recipe from deweydecimal (Taste Of Home). Photo by me!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More