- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 24 2 inch bars
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ½ Cup (1 Stick) light butter or margarine
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 ½ cups nestle toll house milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup nestle carnation evaporated low fat 2% milk
- ½ cup Splenda sugar blend for baking
- PREHEAT: oven to 350 F
- MELT: butter in 13 x 9-inch baking pan in oven; remove from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. Stir well; press onto bottom of pan. Sprinkle nuts, ½ cup coconut and morsels over crumbs. Combine evaporated milk and Splenda sugar blend for baking in 2-cup glass measure or small bowl. Pour evenly over morsels. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- BAKE: for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container at room temperature
NotesA magazine not sure which one.
I made this to bring to a potluck at work and now I have many requests for this!
I have recently lost 100 lbs and have been modifing my recipes to accomodate that weight loss. As more and more people become aware of obesity these recipes will come in handy for the sweet tooth that never really leaves!!!