- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6dozen
- Preparation Time:
Backstoryrom a Diane Mott Davidson novel
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, such as Godiva Dark or Lindt
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter two cookie sheets.
- In a nonstick pan, toast almonds over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for five to 10 minutes until they have just begun to brown and emit a nutty aroma.
- Turn out onto a plate to cool.
- Chop bittersweet chocolate into small chunks and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, chocolate chips and oats and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about four minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat mixture until well-combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until well-combined.
- Add chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, cherries and almonds.
- Using a sturdy wooden spoon, mix well by hand. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, measure out cookies onto sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies have set and are slightly flattened and light brown.
- (from a Diane Mott Davidson novel)
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Naked Macaron
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More