- Cooking Time: depends- 35 to 40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour + 3/4 tsp xanthan gum(suitable 4 cakes) or All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking Spray
- Frosting, optional
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Reeses Peanut butter chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup bundt or tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, shortening, brown sugar and eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer; mix well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Gradually add vanilla and water. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 30 minutes.
- Optionally melt chips, stir to blend and spoon frosting over cake
NotesI was looking for a cake to use some cans of condensed milk left over from Holiday baking. I wanted to make my first gluten free chocolate pound (bundt) cake. Well I found several , but the one on Eagle Brand came closest to what I wanted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
My Family Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More