- Cooking Time: depends- 35 to 40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour + 3/4 tsp xanthan gum(suitable 4 cakes) or All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking Spray
- Frosting, optional
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Reeses Peanut butter chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup bundt or tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, shortening, brown sugar and eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer; mix well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Gradually add vanilla and water. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 30 minutes.
- Optionally melt chips, stir to blend and spoon frosting over cake
NotesI was looking for a cake to use some cans of condensed milk left over from Holiday baking. I wanted to make my first gluten free chocolate pound (bundt) cake. Well I found several , but the one on Eagle Brand came closest to what I wanted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More