- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas - Mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Chopped Nuts (Walnuts or Pecans)
- For Chocolate Dipped Banana Nut Biscotti:
- Baker's Chocolate
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla and Mashed Bananas. Add flour mixture, and mix on low speed until combined. Mix in Walnuts or Pecans.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape each piece into a 16-by-2-inch log, and transfer to prepared baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. With the palm of your hand, flatten logs slightly. Brush beaten egg over surface of the dough logs, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until logs are slightly firm to touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer logs on parchment paper to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Place logs on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut logs crosswise on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange slices, cut sides down, on rack. Bake until firm to touch, about 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven; let biscotti cool completely on rack.
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Nut Biscotti
NotesI wanted to make banana biscotti but couldn't find a decent recipe for it, so I ended up using one of Martha Stewart's basic biscotti recipes and tweaked it a bit. These were so good, like a crunchy banana bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More