- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3.5 oz bar Toblerone milk chocolate candy, broken into chunks
- 25 pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350f and position a rack in the center.
- Butter a 9" x 9" baking pan and set aside. Place the brown sugar in a large heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter. Tilt the pan every now and then and watch the butter carefully it will first sizzle, then the solids will separate from the fat, before finally turning a light nutty brown color while developing a nutty, toasty aroma.
- Right when the browning begins (after about five minutes), remove the pan from heat and pour the butter over the brown sugar. Add the salt and stir (the mixture may appear greasy, but this is normal).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour and gently mix until just combined.
- Turn the batter and spread it (it will be sticky) into the prepared pan. Bake until the top is shiny and a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean, about ten to twelve minutes.
- Immediately distribute the chocolate pieces on top of the warm blondie layer. Return the pan to the oven for one to two minutes, just enough time to allow the chocolate to soften. With a small offset spatula, spread the melted chocolate in an even layer. Arrange the pecan halves in five rows of five. Let cool completely.
- Cut into 25 pieces, one pecan half per piece. Store in a tightly covered container for up to one week.
NotesMy Aunt Apryl gave me this recipes. She made it once before and it was soooo good! She doesn't remember where she received it probably in a magazine but I owe this recipe to her. She made it different by using Toblerone candy bars. It's good with White chocolate too
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More