- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Jar Cherries without seeds or stems
- ½ stick butter, room temp
- 1 Tbls light corn syrup
- 2 - 2½ cups confectioners sugar
- 12 oz bag of your favorite chocolate
- *I use semi sweet for dipping*
- 1/4 block parafin wax, if using chocolate chips
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. let them air dry. In a large bowl, mix butter, corn syrup, 2 Tbls cherry juice. Add sugar. Mix until it resembles play doh. (you may have to adjust the sugar) Line a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with foil. Pinch off about 1 tsp size piece of "fondant" and wrap around the dried cherry. Repeat until all fondant and cherries are used. *you may have to use another jar of cherries depending on the size you use* Place in refrigerator to "set". Meanwhile temper your chocolate in double boiler. *I use a little crockpot, 2 serving size* Drop candy into melted chocolate, roll around to cover, remove and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Chill until set, about 30 minutes, repeat dipping. Chill, then place in fluted candy cups. Store in airtight container at least a week before serving so flavors can "cure".
- Melt over double boiler, or in 2 serving crock pot.
NotesThis recipe was originally done on a local tv show back in the 60's. It was printed in the local paper as an anniversary edition of the show's recipes. My grandmother gave me those newspapers 30 years ago and this was the one recipe I made.. over and over. Of course, back then they didn't have small crockpots to use!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
NFPG Recipe Collection
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More