- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 36 to 48 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tablespoon saved maraschino cherry juice
- 36-48 maraschino cherries, well drained, reserving liquid (they are best left whole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1" balls, using a heaping teaspoon.
- Roll in crushed pecans.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make indent in top with thumb and place cherry on top.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate pieces with condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just smooth.
- Frosting stiffens very quickly.
- Frost each cookie with about 1 teaspoon frosting, covering the top of cherry and cookie entirely.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 1 minute on baking sheet.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend and they just weren't quite what I wanted. So I tweaked it a few times and YEA I got a wonderful cookie!! Yes you bake them with the chocolate frosting on them!!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More