CHOCOLATE COVERED SURPRISE COOKIES
Chocolate Covered Surprise Cookies
- Servings: 42
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup land o lakes butter, softened*
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice, halved
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons reserved cherry juice
Heat oven to 350°F
Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
Add all remaining cookie ingredients except cherries.
Reduce speed to low; beat until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Press cherry half into center of each cookie, making sure cherry halves are dry.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients in 1-quart saucepan.
Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chips are melted and frosting is smooth (4 to 5 minutes).
Frost each cooled cookie with (+/-)1/2 teaspoon frosting.
Make sure cherry is COVERED.
*Substitute LAND O LAKES® Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil right from the refrigerator.