- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine or shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup quick-cooking oat
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Blend together margarine (or shortening) and sugars.
- Add egg & beat until light & fluffy then stir in vanilla.
- Combine with dry ingredients & mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients& mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 12 minutes.
- Allow a few minutes longer if you prefer crisp
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More