- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Ideal (or Splenda, but I think Ideal is much better than Splenda for baking)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Tahitian vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter on med-high until light and fluffy. Add in Splenda, one egg at a time until well combined, and add the vanilla. Switch mixer to off, add dry ingredients, and turn to low until mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Drop one tablespoon of dough into the bowl, turning to coat, and roll the ball around in your loosely cupped hand – this forms the dough into a ball without pressing the powdered sugar into the dough and allows the excess powdered sugar to fall back into the bowl.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
NotesA chocolatey, diabetic-friendly Christmas cookie.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More