- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Ideal (or Splenda, but I think Ideal is much better than Splenda for baking)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Tahitian vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter on med-high until light and fluffy. Add in Splenda, one egg at a time until well combined, and add the vanilla. Switch mixer to off, add dry ingredients, and turn to low until mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Drop one tablespoon of dough into the bowl, turning to coat, and roll the ball around in your loosely cupped hand – this forms the dough into a ball without pressing the powdered sugar into the dough and allows the excess powdered sugar to fall back into the bowl.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
NotesA chocolatey, diabetic-friendly Christmas cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce