- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love taking store-bought cake mixes and making them into something more impressive. These are so delicious. I got it from a Betty Crocker cake book - it's full of neat desserts you can make out of cake mixes.
- 1 Box Devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or marg., softened
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 egg
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix cale mix, butter, milk and egg with a spoon until moistened (it will look nothing like cake batter!) Spread or push with your fingers in the bottom of a jelly roll pan (15 x10 x1-inch).
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla on medium until smooth and creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating after each until mixed. On low speed, beat in flour. Pour over crust in pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until cheesecake filling is set (it can still jiggle a tiny bit, but otherwise should be pretty much set.
- Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
- You can garnish with some drizzled chocolate if you wish (1/4 cup choc. chips and 2 tsp. shortening - microwave together in food storage bag (about 20 seconds), squeeze to mix, snip of tiny corner and drizzle over the top of the bars before cutting into bars.)