CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE BARS (MADE FROM A CAKE MIX)
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Box Devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or marg., softened
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 egg
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix cale mix, butter, milk and egg with a spoon until moistened (it will look nothing like cake batter!) Spread or push with your fingers in the bottom of a jelly roll pan (15 x10 x1-inch).
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla on medium until smooth and creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating after each until mixed. On low speed, beat in flour. Pour over crust in pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until cheesecake filling is set (it can still jiggle a tiny bit, but otherwise should be pretty much set.
- Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
- You can garnish with some drizzled chocolate if you wish (1/4 cup choc. chips and 2 tsp. shortening - microwave together in food storage bag (about 20 seconds), squeeze to mix, snip of tiny corner and drizzle over the top of the bars before cutting into bars.)
NotesI love taking store-bought cake mixes and making them into something more impressive. These are so delicious. I got it from a Betty Crocker cake book - it's full of neat desserts you can make out of cake mixes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More