CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Brownie Frosting (see recipe below)
- Garnish (optional)
- Chocolate covered coffee beans or Chocolate leaves
Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in nuts (optional). Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare Brownie Frosting; spread over brownies. Cut into bars. If desired, decorate each brownie with a chocolate covered coffee bean or a chocolate leaf.
Makes about 24-36 brownies (serving amount depends on what size you cut the brownies into).