- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat 2 pkg. cream cheese, the granulated sugar, egg and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; set aside.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on pkg.; pour half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture in ring around center of cake batter; cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake 45 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 min.
- Loosen cake from side of pan; invert onto serving platter.
- Cool completely.
- Beat remaining 1 tsp. vanilla, the powdered sugar, 2 oz. cream cheese and the milk with wire whisk until well blended.
- Drizzle over cake. Let stand until set.
- Variation: To make cupcakes instead, line 24 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake batter and cream cheese mixture as directed.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into each cup; top with 1 Tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture and an additional 1/4 cup cake batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool 10 min.
- Remove from pans. Makes 24 servings, 1 cupcake each.
NotesSavor a serving of this indulgent special-occasion dessert. And since it serves 16 people, it makes a great dessert to serve at your next party!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Christmas CookiesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More