- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Duncan Heinz Deluxe Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 pkg (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 containers of Cool Whip
- Mix, bake, and cool cake as directed on the package.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Slice a 1-inch layer from the top and set aside (i.e. cut the top off).
- Cut around cake 1-inch from outer edge down to 1-inch from bottom. Then cut around cake 1-inch from inner edge down to 1-inch from bottom. Basically, you're hollowing out the cake and leaving a 1-inch shell.
- Gently pull out the cake between the cuts, leaving a 1-inch layer on the bottom; tear removed cake into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and one container of Cool Whip; fold in cake pieces. Spoon the mixture evenly into cake shell. Replace top of cake.
- Frost the entire cake with remaining Cool Whip. Chill for at least 1/2 hour before serving to allow filling to set.
NotesFor awhile, this was our number one requested birthday cake for our mom to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More