- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Duncan Heinz Deluxe Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 pkg (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 containers of Cool Whip
- Mix, bake, and cool cake as directed on the package.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Slice a 1-inch layer from the top and set aside (i.e. cut the top off).
- Cut around cake 1-inch from outer edge down to 1-inch from bottom. Then cut around cake 1-inch from inner edge down to 1-inch from bottom. Basically, you're hollowing out the cake and leaving a 1-inch shell.
- Gently pull out the cake between the cuts, leaving a 1-inch layer on the bottom; tear removed cake into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and one container of Cool Whip; fold in cake pieces. Spoon the mixture evenly into cake shell. Replace top of cake.
- Frost the entire cake with remaining Cool Whip. Chill for at least 1/2 hour before serving to allow filling to set.
NotesFor awhile, this was our number one requested birthday cake for our mom to make.