- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 12 min
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl and place in the microwave on high power for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chips with a wooden spoon until they are melted. Do not over-cook, as the melted chocolate will harden back up.
- Add the butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla to the chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined, 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the sifted confectioner's sugar and beat on low speed to incorporate, 30 seconds. Then increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute, or until light and fluffy. The filling will be quite thick.
NotesThis filling is ooey-gooey, chocolaty and sweet. Use this filling in the middle of cake layers, sandwich cookies or roulades. Recipe from The Chocolate Cake Doctor cookbook.