- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 12 min
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl and place in the microwave on high power for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the chips with a wooden spoon until they are melted. Do not over-cook, as the melted chocolate will harden back up.
- Add the butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla to the chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined, 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the sifted confectioner's sugar and beat on low speed to incorporate, 30 seconds. Then increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute, or until light and fluffy. The filling will be quite thick.
NotesThis filling is ooey-gooey, chocolaty and sweet. Use this filling in the middle of cake layers, sandwich cookies or roulades. Recipe from The Chocolate Cake Doctor cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Nick's PicksSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More