- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, broken
- 7/8 c. milk
- 1/2 c. light cream
- 2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. AP flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 lbs red or golden plums (can also use strawberries)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 TB port
- oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- Chocolate Sauce (see recipe)
- Place the chocolate in a saucepan with the milk. Heat gently until the chocolate has dissolved. Pour into a blender or food processor and add the cream, cocoa powder, four and eggs. Process until smooth, then put in a bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Halve and pit the plums. Place them in a saucepan and add the sugar and 2 TB water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the plums are tender. Stir in the port and simmer for another 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and keep warm.
- Have ready a sheet of nonstick baking parchment. Heat a crepe pan, grease it lightly with a little oil, then pour in just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan, swirling to coat it evenly.
- Cook until the crepe has set, then flip it over to cook the other side. Slide the crepe out onto the sheet of paper, then cook 9-11 more crepes in the same way.
- Divide the plum filling between the crepes, add a dollop of creme fraiche to each and carefully roll them up. Serve with chocolate sauce ladeled on top. Can arrange fresh cut strawberries around the plate, dusted with powdered sugar or cocoa.
- Another idea: Instead of creme fraiche- you can use some 1 c. heavy cream, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, and a little powdered sugar (to taste)- and whip.
NotesA little involved, but perfect for a great valentine's day breakfast or brunch for your sweetie...