- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, then melted chocolate
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt
- Add milk. Stir well.
- Add walnuts
- Chill dough.
- Form one-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Place baking sheets lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper, two-three inches apart
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (we like them crisp)
- Cool slightly. Remove from pan.
NotesOne of my favorite cookies. Easy, pretty and delicious. You can skip the walnuts if you need to.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More