- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, then melted chocolate
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt
- Add milk. Stir well.
- Add walnuts
- Chill dough.
- Form one-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Place baking sheets lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper, two-three inches apart
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (we like them crisp)
- Cool slightly. Remove from pan.
NotesOne of my favorite cookies. Easy, pretty and delicious. You can skip the walnuts if you need to.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More