- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, then melted chocolate
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt
- Add milk. Stir well.
- Add walnuts
- Chill dough.
- Form one-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Place baking sheets lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper, two-three inches apart
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (we like them crisp)
- Cool slightly. Remove from pan.
NotesOne of my favorite cookies. Easy, pretty and delicious. You can skip the walnuts if you need to.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More