- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. (2 sticks)butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. granulate sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. (12oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.)Nestle Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 13x9 in. baking pan.
- Beat butter in larger bowl until creamy.
- Beat in flour, sugar, and salt until crumbly.
- With floured fingers, press 2c. crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Combine 1 c. morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small heavy-duty saucepan.
- Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread over hot crust.
- Stir nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
NotesMy aunt found this recipe from a Nestle Toll House recipe card. These cookie bars taste like a candy bar!