- Cooking Time: 20 min./batch + cooling
- Servings: 72 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and orange peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper until set.
NotesThese tender cookies are pretty to look at-and the combination of cream cheese, orange, chocolate and almonds makes them irresistible.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More