- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 10 ounces jumbo marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy, common brand peanut butter (recommended: Jif or Skippy)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (recommended: Rice Krispies)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large pot. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until fully melted and no marshmallow white remains. Stir in the peanut butter until combined. Stir in the cereal until distributed evenly through the marshmallow mixture. Pour out onto a lightly greased rectangular baking dish (9 by 13 inches). Smooth out the top of the treats by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press down gently. Don't press down too hard or else your treats will be too dense. Set aside to cool.
- Once the treats have cooled, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cut the treats into even squares and quickly just shallowly dip the top side of the treats into the chocolate. Turn chocolate side up and set in a baking dish or on a rack until set.
NotesThis is a great alternative to the same ol' rice krispy treats."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More