- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or regular margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Heat oven to 350 F. Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl using a wooden spoon. Stir in flour. If the dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or regular margarine, softened. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More