- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 12 metal or plastic spoons
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 4 teaspoons coarse sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each spoon into chocolate; tap spoon handles on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coated spoons into chocolate mixture; tap spoon handles on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Let stand until set.
NotesI love coffee and this delightful recipe I found on the web a few years ago. You can use different color sugar, but use bright colors on white chocolate... natural color sugar looks good on dark chocolate colors. I made these for a bridal shower one year.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More