- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- For Biscotti:
- 2 C flour
- ¾ C cornmeal
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- In another bowl, beat:
- 1 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- Add zest of 3-4 Lemons,
- ¾ C chopped whole almonds
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 6 ounces of dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then whisk together: Flour, Cornmeal, Baking Powder, Salt.
- In another bowl, beat: Sugar, Eggs, Lemon Zest. After mixture is pale yellow and blended, stir in Almonds and dry ingredients and let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts, and with moistened hands roll the dough into log shapes about 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until light golden, and cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice ¾ inch diagonal slices. Place slices on baking sheet, return to oven for additional 15 minutes, or until pale golden. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a double boiler, melt 6 ounces of dark or bittersweet chocolate with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Using a large tablespoon, liberally drizzle the chocolate on the biscotti, leaving exposed areas. Cool completely in refrigerator.
- Recipe yields about two dozen biscotti. Will keep for several weeks in an airtight container, great for gift giving!
Notes“Let me see…why is Santa so happy to park his reindeer and use our home as a stopover on Christmas Eve?”
Let’s start with the goodies we have waiting for him: a snifter of rum spiked Egg Nog dusted with freshly grated nutmeg, and a gorgeous assortment of homemade Biscotti!
Here Santa enjoys his annual treat of Chocolate drizzled Lemon and Almond Biscotti, Berry Almond Biscotti, and Ginger – White Chocolate .