- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 42
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup shortening ( part butter or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in sour milk and vanilla.
- Blend flour, salt, soda, and cocoa and stir in.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched lightly with finger. Frost cooled cookies, if desired. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More