- Cooking Time: 240 minutes
- Servings: 16 depending on size
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- (2) small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- (3) cups of milk
- (1) large container (16 oz) of Cool Whip, or similar
- (1) box of honey graham crackers
- (1) container of milk chocolate icing
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding and milk. Mix until it begins to get firm.
- Thaw Cool Whip if necessary, and then add to the pudding mixture. Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Line the bottom and sides of a suitable container (9”x13”x4” high is recommended) with graham crackers.
- Pour ½ of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture into the container.
- Cover with a layer of graham crackers.
- Pour remaining pudding/Cool Whip mixture over this layer.
- Cover with another layer of graham crackers.
- Remove plastic lid and foil seal from icing, replace the plastic lid, and microwave for 1 minute. (Be careful removing the icing, it is liquefied and likely very hot).
- Pour icing over top layer of graham crackers.
- Set in refrigerator overnight (or a minimum of 4 hours) in order to allow the crackers to soften.
- Note: when making this for work or small group or a social function, I use a tin foil baking pan (same dimensions listed above) with a plastic snap-on top. It makes clean up as easy as disposing of the tray and lid (I seldom have any cake left).
- Also note that low-fat, low-sugar ingredients can be used if necessary or desired.
NotesI got this recipe from a Cub Scout Den Mother when my boys were in Scouts and I was a Den Leader. It will always remind me of those times, campouts, the smell of wood smoke, and being part of a character-building organization.
Submitted by: "Billy Hughes"