- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c plus 2 T unsalted butter (1 3/4 stick)
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate or semisweet choc, chopped
- 4 t instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 4 L eggs
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 3/4 c a-p flour
- 2/3 c whipping cream
- 2 t instant espresso powder
- 8 oz bittersweet or SS chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 9" springform pan.
- Stir butter, chocolate, and espresso powder in heavy med saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer t L bowl and cool to rm temp.
- Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla; whisk until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until just blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out w/moist batter attached, about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- For glaze: Mix cream and espresso powder in med saucepan. Bring to simmer over med heat, whisking to blend. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and vanilla; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Let cook until thickened but still pourable, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Using small knife, cut around pan sides to loosen cakes. Remove pan sides. Place cake on its pan bottom on rack set over baking sheet.
- Pour glaze evenly over top of cake, allowing to run down sides; smooth glaze w/metal spatula.
- Let cake stand about 2 hours. Transfer to plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Nick's PicksSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More