- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c plus 2 T unsalted butter (1 3/4 stick)
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate or semisweet choc, chopped
- 4 t instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 4 L eggs
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 3/4 c a-p flour
- 2/3 c whipping cream
- 2 t instant espresso powder
- 8 oz bittersweet or SS chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 9" springform pan.
- Stir butter, chocolate, and espresso powder in heavy med saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer t L bowl and cool to rm temp.
- Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla; whisk until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until just blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out w/moist batter attached, about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- For glaze: Mix cream and espresso powder in med saucepan. Bring to simmer over med heat, whisking to blend. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and vanilla; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Let cook until thickened but still pourable, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Using small knife, cut around pan sides to loosen cakes. Remove pan sides. Place cake on its pan bottom on rack set over baking sheet.
- Pour glaze evenly over top of cake, allowing to run down sides; smooth glaze w/metal spatula.
- Let cake stand about 2 hours. Transfer to plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More