- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cake:1 (18.25 oz.) box chocolate or devil's food cake mix and ingredients to prepare as directed on box 1 (12 oz) can of regular Coke or Pepsi
- Topping:1 (10.9-oz.) jar cajeta (caramel topping) or caramel ice cream topping
- Flan:1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk 3 eggs 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Follow instructions to make cake, but use the can of coke instead of water.
- Set cake mix aside and make flan
- Put the flan ingredients in a blender and mix well
- Spray the bundt pan with Pam and then cover the bottom with carmel
- Pour cake mix into bundt pan.
- Pour the flan mix gently down one side of the pan. The flan will go to the bottom and the cake mix will raise up a bit as the flan mixture fills the bottom of the pan.
- Set the bundt pan in a larger pan or tray with water. You are creating a double boiler, but you only need a couple inches of water.
- Put it all in the oven and it will cook for at least 45 minutes and as much as an hour.
- Check the cake doneness with a toothpick. The cake will stay more moist than most cakes you've ever made and you will see it separate a bit from the pan when it is done.
- Let is cool and regigerate for several hours.
- Take it out two hours before you plan to serve. Turn the bundt pan over and let it sit while warming to room temperature.
- The bundt pan should then lift off to reveal a layer of flan, topped with carmel sitting atop a very moist cake.
NotesAmazing how time flies by and we're just about hitting the month of June! Its been a busy day for me with some home decor projects and preparing for my picnic event tomorrow. Picnics definitely kickoff the summer season and I'm looking forward to all the great picnic eats my Chicago Cookers & Bakers will be sharing at the table. Here is one of the things I made for the picnic event: