- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 4 (6 if using indiv ram)
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 14-oz can nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp Dutch cocoa ( I use unsweetened chocolate powder and usually add 3 tbsp of it)
- In large bowl, whisk together egg substitute, condensed milk, water, and chocolate. Combine well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour mixture into a 1-quart oval baking dish or individual ramekins. Place either dishes in a larger baking dish that contains warm water an inch high.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes (30 minutes for individual ramekins), until the custard is firm and no longer shakes, or toothpick comes out clean.
- Refrigerate until flan cools, about 2-3 hours. Serve with lite whipped topping.
NotesI found this recipe in the cookbook "Hey, Mom! I'm Hungry!". I don't have kids yet but I found this in a $1 bookstore and I thought that maybe one day I would use this and just bought. I had a chocolate craving, looked in the cookbook and found the flan recipe. At first I was skeptical because I like flan just the way it is and how could they put chocolate in it. But after trying it out, I was hooked!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
A Falcon Feast
Christmas CookiesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More