- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 ounces unsweetened SCHARFFEN BERGER 99% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Bring the cream, sugar, and salt to a simmer in a large saucepan. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Whisk just until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Set aside to cool at room temperature, without stirring for 2 to 3 hours, or until the frosting is cool and thick enough to spread. Or, refrigerate the frosting for about 45 minutes or more (but not until it is hard) without stirring, then let it stand at room temperature until it is the desired consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More