- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 1 loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough thawed & risen
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
- fresh fruit as desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 13-inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. Beat egg until foamy. Blend in flour and sugars. Add butter and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Remove wrap from dough and place dough in a sprayed 12-inch pizza pan, forming a ridge to hold chocolate chip filling. Spread filling evenly over bread dough. Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and set on wire cooling rack. Cool completely. When cool, spread whipped topping over chocolate chip filling. Top with your choice of fresh fruit.
NotesThis variation of fruit pizza has chocolate chips as an additional taste delight.