- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. shortening
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 5.4 oz milk chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 17x12 baking pan.
- Melt shortening in saucepan over medium
- heat. Remove and cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar
- till well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and
- beat well. Add water and vanilla and mix.
- Fold in pecans and chopped chocolate,
- then spread into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and
- let cool.
- Frost. Sprinkle w/mixed nuts (if desired).
- Cut into squares. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The One Dollar Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More