- Cooking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 350' F. Grease and flour a n 8" x 8" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together, in a medium bowl. You can either do it in the microwave if that's your thing...or you can melt it in the bowl, over a pot with boiling water (double boiler style).
- Once melted, whisk in the sugars (brown and granulated) and then whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and fold into the chocolate mixture until well incorporated then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until you have a fairly clean toothpick when inserted into the middle. I say "fairly" clean....because...if you skewer a melty chocolate chip, there's no way the toothpick is coming out clean.
NotesThis is one of the many fabulous recipes in Joy the Bakers Cookbook. Dense, intense, and incredibly chocolaty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More