- Cooking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 350' F. Grease and flour a n 8" x 8" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together, in a medium bowl. You can either do it in the microwave if that's your thing...or you can melt it in the bowl, over a pot with boiling water (double boiler style).
- Once melted, whisk in the sugars (brown and granulated) and then whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and fold into the chocolate mixture until well incorporated then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until you have a fairly clean toothpick when inserted into the middle. I say "fairly" clean....because...if you skewer a melty chocolate chip, there's no way the toothpick is coming out clean.
NotesThis is one of the many fabulous recipes in Joy the Bakers Cookbook. Dense, intense, and incredibly chocolaty.