- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sprays cooking spray, or more if needed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cocoa, margarine and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat to blend. In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
- Shape batter into 48 marble-sized balls. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar. (Note: Store extra cookies in freezer-safe containers or plastic bags to maintain their freshness.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More