- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Squares unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter (1/4 cup crisco & 1/4 cup butter is better)
- 1-2 tbs Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-2 tsp vanilla after it has cooled a little bit
- Heat on med heat until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Cook at boil for about 2 minutes. Just a bit longer is better.
- Remove from heat and stir until it cools enough to spread. Some people say until you can put your hand on the bottom of the pan and leave it there.
- If it gets too hard to spread just put it back on the heat for a bit.
- This recipe can cover a regular 2 layer cake or a small sheet cake.
- In rainy weather you will have to boil it a little longer.
NotesMy mother has made this recipe for 50 years or so. My whole family loves it.
**** this recipe is so good it will bring tears to your eyes, just ask Chris****
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Delightful DessertsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More