- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Squares unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter (1/4 cup crisco & 1/4 cup butter is better)
- 1-2 tbs Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-2 tsp vanilla after it has cooled a little bit
- Heat on med heat until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Cook at boil for about 2 minutes. Just a bit longer is better.
- Remove from heat and stir until it cools enough to spread. Some people say until you can put your hand on the bottom of the pan and leave it there.
- If it gets too hard to spread just put it back on the heat for a bit.
- This recipe can cover a regular 2 layer cake or a small sheet cake.
- In rainy weather you will have to boil it a little longer.
NotesMy mother has made this recipe for 50 years or so. My whole family loves it.
**** this recipe is so good it will bring tears to your eyes, just ask Chris****
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More