- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: Depends on your appetite
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb, 2 oz granulated sugar
- 10 oz chocolate, unsweetened and chopped and placed in stainless steel bowl
- 1 lb butter, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- You must prep all your ingredients before you start (see picture). Chop chocolate on cutting board into small shavings (see picture!). Get butter to room temp. You will need a whisk to mix everything together.
- Dissolve cream and sugar in a stainless steel pot. Bring mixture to a rolling boil then turn down heat to maintain boil. Boil for 6 minutes exactly. *TRICK* USE A WOODEN SPOON TO STIR BUT DO NOT REMOVE THE SPOON UNTIL THE MIXTURE IS AT A BOIL.
- After 6 minutes, carefully pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate. *TRICK* DO NOT SCRAPE OUT THE SIDE OF THE POT WHERE THE HOT CREAM MIXTURE WAS BOILING. Slowly whisk (in figure 8 motion) the mixture until chocolate is melted.
- Carefully work in the (room temp) butter a little bit at a time and continue whisking.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Cover icing with seran wrap (wrap is touching the actual icing with no air bubbles) and cool overnight. Best if let at room temp overnight to cool before using as icing.
NotesIf you like fudge and chocolate and heaven and peace of earth, then this recipe is for you!