- Cooking Time: 20 + 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 225 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 390 g (375 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 50 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the flour and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter, chopped.
- Rub until you get coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk, and knead to get a smooth dough.
- Line a rectangular (18x28 cm) tin with wet baking paper and press the dough in to cover the bottom of the tin.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C until golden (around 20 minutes, but check often, you don't want it get too dry.
- In the meantime melt together the chocolate, the condensed milk and butter (I did it in the microwave oven - 2,5 minutes at 500W, checking and stirring every 30 sec.).
- Remove from heat (or from the microwave) and add the eggs, the self-raising flour and vanilla extract.
- Mix well, and pour over the dough base when it's done.
- Bake again until the cream is set. The recipe said 45-50 minutes. Well, after only 30 minutes the top of my cake was set and the toothpick came out clean, so I took it out.
- Let it cool in the tin and then cut into 1" long bars.
NotesI found the recipe in a magazine, so long ago, that I don't remember exactly which one it was.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More