- Cooking Time: 20 + 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 225 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 390 g (375 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 50 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the flour and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter, chopped.
- Rub until you get coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk, and knead to get a smooth dough.
- Line a rectangular (18x28 cm) tin with wet baking paper and press the dough in to cover the bottom of the tin.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C until golden (around 20 minutes, but check often, you don't want it get too dry.
- In the meantime melt together the chocolate, the condensed milk and butter (I did it in the microwave oven - 2,5 minutes at 500W, checking and stirring every 30 sec.).
- Remove from heat (or from the microwave) and add the eggs, the self-raising flour and vanilla extract.
- Mix well, and pour over the dough base when it's done.
- Bake again until the cream is set. The recipe said 45-50 minutes. Well, after only 30 minutes the top of my cake was set and the toothpick came out clean, so I took it out.
- Let it cool in the tin and then cut into 1" long bars.
NotesI found the recipe in a magazine, so long ago, that I don't remember exactly which one it was.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More