- Cooking Time: Under 1 minute
- Servings: N/A
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (a mix of 2 ounces “regular” bittersweet and 2 ounces 70+% cocoa bittersweet works well)
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1-2 Tbls. Grand Marnier or dark rum (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except the Grand Marnier or rum, in a microwavable bowl. Heat in the microwave, on High (full power), for 40 seconds. Let the mixture sit for a minute or two. Stir gently with a whisk to bring the mixture together. If the chocolate or butter aren't completely melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat in 10 second intervals. Do not overheat. When the mixture is completely smooth, stir in the optional Grand Marnier or rum. Allow ganache to cool, at room temperature, to a spreading consistency, about one hour. Stir, occasionally, during cooling, to achieve an even smoothness throughout. Do not stir or whip vigorously, as the ganache will seize, and harden. (If it does harden, heat gently again, and re-cool.) Store any excess ganache, covered, in the refrigerator.
NotesChocolate Ganache is a rich blend of: Bittersweet chocolate, cream and butter. It makes a perfect filling for Parisian Macarons (learn more in my Cookbook Cafe cookbook, The Naked Macaron), and delicious truffles.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More