- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 1/2 ox) almond filling
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 4 squares (1oz) bittersweet chocolate melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and slat.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into a 13X9 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whish the egg whites, sugar and almond filling until blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely on a wire reack.
- Drizzle with chocolate.
- Cut into bars store in an airtight container in the frigerator
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More