- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
- Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey."
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
NotesThese are a Paula Dean recipe and are so unbelievably good. They almost taste like doughnuts!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More