- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
- Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey."
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
NotesThese are a Paula Dean recipe and are so unbelievably good. They almost taste like doughnuts!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More