- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- zest of 1 orange (1 long strip if possible)
- 1 lb grated Valrhona bittersweet chocolate (or other fine chocolate!)
- 4 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 2 tsp pure orange extract
- cocoa powder
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add cream and orange zest.
- Heat until it just starts to boil.
- Remove orange zest and whisk in chocolate. Wisk in Grand Marnier and orange extract.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally so that the mixture firms uniformly.
- When ready to make truffles, remove mix. from fridge. Let stand 10 min. to soften slightly.
- Scoop mixture by teaspoons and roll in cocoa. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 50 small truffles.
- NOTE: For max. freshness, dipp truffles in melted chocolate before rolling in cocoa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More