CHOCOLATE GRASSHOPPER BROWNIE COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch not recommended)
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz bag Andes mint chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted and cooled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
Add cocoa to dry mixture.
In mixing bowl, cream the butter with both sugars.
Beat in the egg and vanilla.
By hand or using low speed of mixer, stir in the flour mixture.
Fold in the chips and nuts.
Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to rack to finish cooling.